This award is presented to an individual who is 30 years of age or less and has exemplified the qualities that are expected to make him/her a future leader in Alberta's science and technology community. The award recognizes an individual who shows leadership potential in the areas of science and technology teaching, research, entrepreneurship or a technology based business.
This award is sponsored by Alberta Economic Development and Trade which provides a cash prize of $10,000 to the winner.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria:
- Describe how the nominee demonstrates entrepreneurial qualities. Factors to consider are: the nominee's ability to recognize an opportunity, lead the development of the opportunity and ultimately achieve a significant impact on his/her field.
- What makes this nominee a leader? For example, are they the president of a student organization or club? Have they been involved in community service, led the publication of research results or patent applications?
- Describe some of the activities the nominee has led or participated in that showcase Alberta's science and technology talent.
- How has the nominee demonstrated initiative and involvement in Alberta's science and technology community? Describe the activities or programs the nominee has led or participated in.
Recognition by peers
- How has the nominee been recognized as a leader by his/her peers?
- What awards/accolades has the nominee received?