Societal Impact Award
This award is presented to an individual or team who has led, or significantly contributed to a technological innovation that has resulted in a positive impact on society.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria:
Describe the technical innovation and the magnitude of its impact
- Describe the technological innovation in terms that a non-expert in the field would understand.
- What is the magnitude of the impact on society?
The need addressed by the innovation
- Identify what problem or societal need is addressed by the technological innovation.
Degree and type of societal benefits
- Describe the results achieved and the societal benefits that have been realized.
Sustainability and scalability
- Clearly address the scale and sustainability of the innovation.
Demonstrate social and economic impact
- How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?
- How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high paying jobs?
- How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta's economy?