This award recognizes a company (sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation) that has demonstrated outstanding entrepreneurial achievement with measurable results in a science and technology related business. The science or technology need not have originated in Alberta, but there must be an Alberta connection to the development, enhancement, commercialization, marketing or other activity related to the science or technology.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria:
Business growth in sales, earnings and employment
- Describe the company's core business, and how long it has been conducting business in Alberta.
- Identify how the company has grown its sales, earnings and the number of employees.
Uniqueness of technology, product or process
- Describe the technology, product or process and state what makes it unique.
Market penetration, expertise and customer service
- Describe how the company penetrated current markets. What sets the company apart from its competitors?
- What do customers say about the product, process and/or service?
Demonstrate social and economic impact
- How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?
- How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high paying jobs?
- How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta's economy?
Management style or approach
- How has the management style and approach of the company contributed to its success?
Technological and financial risk-taking
- What entrepreneurial risks has the company taken to be successful?
- Please provide a copy of the company's financial statements for the previous year. All financial information received is held strictly confidential.